Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Learn About The German Martingale

The German Martingale is a handy piece of equipment that can benefit both horse and rider.  The draw action of the reins can soften the pull and give your horse added security and confidence while helping you to more effectively use your other driving aids.  By consistently helping your horse attain a quiet head carriage he will be become more collected and better prepared to perform advanced maneuvers.  Used properly the German Martingale will help teach hindquarter engagement, collection, self carriage and confidence.  To learn more, visit the AD Tack link to the right of this page.

~Team AD


video platform video management video solutions video player

2 comments:

  1. I love the german martingale and I'm glad more people are discovering it for their training needs. I have a mare that if she isn't in good balance will cross-canter, and nothing I tried would get her to have good balance until I used the German martingale. I used it on her for a short time and she caught on very well. Now I use it just once in a while to remind her to stay collected and low headed. It is so much better than a training fork, which has limited function and reward for the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a friend's german martingale on a 3 yr old QH I was helping to break in and he attained a beautiful head carriage within 2 weeks. I was very impressed, so impressed infact that I converted an old set of reins I had and a running martingale into one. I also discovered that is is otherwise named a Market Harborough.

    ReplyDelete